Oklahoma Marriage Initiative
Welcome to the Oklahoma Marriage Initiative (OMI) website! Here you will learn about innovative marriage and relationship-strengthening strategies adopted by the state of Oklahoma as an important part of the continuum of services for families. The OMI is a statewide public/private partnership dedicated to strengthening families and helping couples who choose marriage for themselves gain access to services and supports to help them build and sustain healthy marriages.
- Learn more about marriage and family relationships, divorce, cohabitation and child well being in Oklahoma by viewing data from the OSU Baseline Survey. Check back periodically for new research information made available in one and two-page Marriage Briefs and Tip Sheets.
- Get inside the OMI Service Delivery System for Marriage and Relationship Education. Learn about the workshops offered free of charge to Oklahomans, the professionals and paraprofessional leaders, training strategies and the core curriculum used for the system, the Prevention and Relationship Enhancement Program (PREP).
- View program strategies and ideas related to various OMI Coalitions. Since its inception, the OMI has maintained a multi-sector approach to implementing family-strengthening programs. Each coalition has a unique opportunity to impact populations in different ways. This has been vitally important to the development of a broad-based strategy to ultimately have the greatest impact throughout the state.
- Download News Releases and other Media Resources related to OMI and/or its partners.
- Read the latest "OK Marriage Minute" newsletter to learn more about what's happing with OMI!
To contact the OMI call 405-848-2171 or in Oklahoma, toll free at 877-435-8033.